Corderro Allantaé McMurry
Digital Media Producer | Multi-media Reporter | Pop Culture Writer
Rocky Mountain Emmy: Producer
Master’s thesis went viral after Kim Kardashian requested a copy
Published in Cosmopolitan for paper on Khloé Kardashian’s show Revenge Body.
1st Place at BEA for Student Produced News
Tools: Dalet Plus, Microsoft Office / iOS Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere
|Rocky Mountain Emmy Award winning Multimedia journalist with 4 years of experience. Ready to deliver innovative multimedia content.
Published in Cosmopolitan which were noticed by the Kardashians. I have solid success in developing and directing content spanning a variety of mediums that improves audience engagement. Expertise also includes social media engagement and pushing content through different platforms.
Seeking an opportunity to report on air entertainment content and willing to relocate anywhere.
Areas of Expertise:
Media Training + Coaching | Network-level reporting | Video Editing / Packages | Digital Media Production
Social Media Strategy | Writing / Editing | Interviewing /Reporting | Radio + Television
Multi-skilled Journalist KRIS6/KZATV10– Corpus Christi, Texas
Morning Reporter, July 2020 to Present
- Host, write, produce entertainment segment: Pop Culture 101
- Engage with the community and establish relationships
- Write stories for digital.
The Cut Network/Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & Mass Communication– Phoenix, Arizona
Entertainment Reporter, October 2019 to May 2020
- Research, write entertainment scripts
- Operate social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram)
- Attend movie premiers and provide movie reviews
- Write stories for the web.
CW, PlutoTV, FOX Sports – Flagstaff, Arizona
NAU-TV Reporter / Writer /Producer / Social Media Coordinator, July 2017 to August 2019
Develop, research, write and review scripts. Sideline reporter, and color commentator for Big Sky conference games at NAU. Mentored young student reporters. On-Air Host & report segments for monthly TV episodes. Operated video camera, audio, lightening equipment for production team.
- Won a Rocky Mountain Emmy award in 2018 for a single spot image.
- Create interactive digital content to support and supplement stories on web and across various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Created the stations Twitter page and Facebook and grew the page’s audience from 300 followers to 1500 followers and viewers.
KJACK Radio– Flagstaff, Arizona
Entertainment News Host & Producer, August 2016 to January 2019
Founder of entertainment radio show called “The Hangover.”
- Produced and hosted weekly segments. Booked musicians and bands for television shows.
- Promoted on site at the KJACK Radio festival.
Spectrum News / Time Warner Cable News – Austin, Texas
News & Sports reporter intern, June 2016 to August 2016
Assisted in shooting, Editing & Writing news packages.
- Pitched story ideas to producers.
- Worked with reporters and producers on live shoots, in studio interviews and packages.
NAZToday – Flagstaff, Arizona
Sports reporter / Producer, January 2016 to May 2017
- Reported and Hosted previews for the sports show called “The OT.”
- Edited & wrote sports packages for the Wednesday show.
4FlagTV – Flagstaff, Arizona
Entertainment Host / Reporter, August 2015 to May 2017
Hosted entertainment episodes for 4FlagTV.
- Researched entertainment events in Flagstaff.
- Promoted shows on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
NAZToday – Flagstaff, Arizona
Reporter & Producer, August 2015 to May 2017
Researched and wrote news stories for Flagstaff news.
- Won an award at the 2018 BEA conference for 1st place in student produced news coverage.
- Edited news stories using Final Cut pro or Premier Editing. Produced 15-minutes and 30-minute shows
Warner Bros. – Burbank, California
VIP Clerk Floater, June 2014 to September 2014
Help worked with production crew for live television show, Conan O’ Brien. Delivered speeches in the theatre about the Warner Brother’s Company.
Walt Disney World – Orlando, Florida
Disney College Program, January 2013 to May 2014
Promoted the Walt Disney College Program at club fairs, meetings and through emails. Provided excellent guest service while operating rides at the Magic Kingdom.
Arizona State University / Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Phoenix, Arizona
PhD in Journalism & Communication, August 2019 – May 2020
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
MA in Communication, December 2018
The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Minor in Theatre, May 2014
Organizations & Professional Memberships
- Television Academy
- Broadcast Education Association
- National Association of Black Journalists / Arizona Association of Black Journalists